Who doesn’t love a pleasant surprise or two? Well in the last week I’ve been blessed with 2 blog award nominations from a couple of incredible women. I never take such nominations for granted, and their thoughtfulness is appreciated!
Before I get to that, I do want to extend a HUGE hug (and an apology too) to 2 other marvelous gals whose nominations I failed to follow up with. Although it was many moons ago, LOL, thank you to the dear, dear Juliana at simplyjuliana for bestowing me with the Super Sweet Blogging award, and I encourage you to check her page out!! Secondly, I want to acknowledge the dynamic Shandra of Shandra Harris With heart Wide Open, whose powerful posts and Blog of the Year nomination truly made the end of 2012 a special one for me!
Now on to today’s business.
I would definitely consider one of these lovely ladies a long-time blogging bud, and a constant example of motherly wisdom and love. The second is a new friend, whose inspiring posts and heartfelt comments make my spirit soar!
Darla, whose blog Through the Lens is always a ray of light, nominated me for the Sunshine Bloggers Award.
I’ve linked back to her blog (click on the purple highlight above), and here are 7 fun facts about me:
1. I eat and write with my left hand, but I throw with my right.
2. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was in college…during an internship in Alaska!
3. My husband and I celebrate two wedding anniversaries. (Check out the details here )
4. I did not know the gender of my baby until she was born.
5. Growing up, my favorite superhero was Gambit of the X-Men.
6. I attended Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, AL.
7. I don’t eat chocolate, raw tomatoes, or peas.
Please check out my bright and sunny nominees. Their constant encouragement and/or beautiful images inspire me!
1. Terra at Living Simply in Abundance
2. Diane at The One Thing I know For Sure
3. Shannon at Revelations in Writing
4. April at Always Bob’s Wife
5. Amy at The World is a Book
6. Linda, A Nature Mom
7. Bill at Unshakable Hope
8. Elissa at Reality of Christ
It’s Geraldine’s turn (The Valor Society-By Geraldine) and although we’ve only recently been acquainted she definitely feels like family! I love the connections I’ve made here via WordPress!!
A message from Shaun, the creator of this award:
This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award. Thank you, Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
I will add 3 more fantastic bloggers to the list I’ve shared above.
1. IT at This Man’s Journey
2. Kirsten at God’s Chick
3. Sis. Caddo at Grace Pieces
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, AND LET’S CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE LOVE!