This post is sponsored by Black Creek but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
In just 3 days school will be out for the summer and I can’t wait!! No more drop-off and pick-up lines, sleeping in (ha! who am I kidding, lol), and plenty of festivities & quality time with the family.
As I think ahead to the first big event, Memorial Day, the menu is definitely on my mind.
My hubby will be the grill master, but I might be able to show him a thing or two when I make some White Cheddar BBQ Bacon Grilled Cheese sandwiches for the occasion!
Kids and adults alike will flip for this easy spin on a classic grilled cheese sandwich, and the incredible taste of Black Creek® Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese won’t go unnoticed!
The ingredients are so simple:
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp (approx) of your favorite smoky BBQ sauce
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 8 ounces Smoked Cheddar cheese slices
This is enough for 2 sandwiches and of course you can make adjustments depending on how many people you choose to entertain.
Whether catering to a large crowd or just a few, finding the right cheese is paramount. If you’re an avid cheese lover like me you know this to be true, so Black Creek® Premium Cheddar Cheese was the obvious choice!
It comes from the very heart of all things cheesy, haha, Wisconsin, and with nutrient-rich pastures and decades of experience behind the brand, quality is everything.
I found what I was looking for at our local Publix, and once you have everything you need you can get started!
- I used the George Foreman Grill, but whether you choose that or a pan, keep it at low to medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place it butter-side down on a plate.
- Apply desired amount of BBQ sauce on the side of the bread that’s facing up, then add a generous layer of cheese.
- Add bacon then more cheese.
- Place the second slice of bread on top, butter-side up, and grill!
Voila! In 25 minutes or less you have some cheesy goodness to enjoy, along side your chips, potato salad and other holiday goodies.
Beyond Memorial Day this sandwich will be a great staple for the summer, and I’ll be browsing the Black Creek® cheese website for recipe inspiration and more!
Click here if you’re ready to make your summer better with cheddar, and I’d love to hear about your plans for the upcoming holiday weekend!