Christmas is in 2 days!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!! If you saw my previous post you know that last week was a doozy, but I shook that junk off and I’m so excited to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!!!
We have a fun weekend in store, and like most of you it includes doing some baking. While I’ll personally be sticking to cookies this time around, I thought it would be a great time to share my stepdad’s amazing sweet potato pie recipe. Before I get to it, let me share some things with you.
- If you’re looking for one of those “sweet, but not full of butter, sugar and all that other good stuff recipes”, this ain’t the one for you. 😉
- My stepdad is the one who bakes the pies and since he knows this recipe by heart it was quite hard to nail down exact measurements. I’m going to share what I can but this is one you’ll have to feel out and taste to your liking. Personally, I like it sweet!
- Every Thanksgiving I get my own sweet potato pie. Yes, my own. Read: I’m greedy and stingy and absolutely do not share.
- You can keep your pumpkin pie. More sweet potato pie for me.
- Truth be told, I meant to write this right after Thanksgiving, but my food coma lasted longer than expected. Lol.
On to the good stuff! The recipe is below!
*please note – these photos depict a total of 4 pies being made; please see instructions for proper amounts*
Everyone does their sweet potato pie a little differently, but this is the one that has been our family favorite for years. I’m convinced that absolutely no one does it better than my stepdad!!!
A special thank you to him for sharing this recipe and his skills with us!!
Have you tried sweet potato pie? What are you baking for the holidays?