Today was a special one for our family. Our 4 year old started Pre-K and I’m still in shock about it. Milestones are so bittersweet! Even though my mama heart was in a state of disbelief I knew I wanted to make a special dinner for my big girl. It was time to celebrate this new chapter, and I thought it would be the perfect time to revive an old recipe with one of the 5 new RAGÚ Homestyle sauces!
Peppered turkey meatballs are a family favorite. They’re simple and very flavorful, and did I mention simple? After traveling all day yesterday and hitting the ground running today, I wasn’t looking for anything complicated. The great thing about RAGÚ Homestyle sauces is that adding any one of their delicious flavors adds depth to your meal without all the fuss.
Packed with fresh ingredients, these thick and hearty sauces have that made-from-scratch flavor everyone (especially the kids) love. I thought the Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic would go well with the meatballs, and I was right! I didn’t have to doctor the sauce up at all and the garlic was bold and delicious.
It’s crazy to think that our conversations around the dinner table will now include school talk, but I always look forward to that time in the evening where we get to be together.
As RAGÚ continues their tradition of excellence, I will enjoy building more traditions of my own. I hope good food is always a part of the equation.
I’ve included the recipe below, and RAGÚ has some great recipes to try as you gear up for the new year! Click here for some culinary inspiration!
Ground Turkey Recipe (click here to print)
1 lb. ground turkey,
1 Tbsp. cracked pepper
1 slice bread, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1 green pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 red pepper for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the ground turkey, cracked pepper, breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, cheese and parsley. Shape in to 8-10 meatballs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add the meatballs. Cook over medium heat, turning to brown evenly.
- Slice onion into slivers and peppers into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining oil into another skillet. Saute the onion and green pepper until barely tender.
- When meatballs are browned and cooked through, place on top of onion and pepper mixture.
- Stir the broth into the empty skillet. Stir up brownings. Cook until reduced by half.
- Pour juices over the meatballs and vegetables. Add RAGÚ Homestyle sauce and serve!
What’s your favorite pasta dish? Have your children started school yet? Happy eating!
Thank you, RAGÚ, for inspiring me to revive this recipe!