My girl Jacki who blogs at ‘Crazy Life With Littles’ (you can also follow her Insta here) invited me to participate in this fun getting to know you activity. When I feature shop owners I love a good Q&A, but now it’s my turn to share! Here goes!!
1. Where were you born? Detroit, but we moved to California when I was just 10 months old.
2. How do you take your coffee? I don’t. I’m not a fan and don’t drink it all!
3. Where do you want to travel? Fiji, Greece, Hawaii, Israel…the list goes on and on!
4. Favorite guilty pleasure? Ice cream and sour or fruity candy. But mainly ice cream. Specifically sea salt caramel, or a caramel sundae, or vanilla bean with caramel topping. You see a theme here? 😉
5. Are you afraid of anything? Yes, but I try, really try to focus on God’s word and not give those fears any weight. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2Timothy 1:7 NKJV
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? A vet. I actually have my degree in animal science, but I knew halfway through college that I didn’t want to go to vet school.
7. Where did you meet your husband? Church!
8. What’s your favorite scent? Cinnamon, vanilla, lavender, and the smell of warm apple pie to name a few.
9. What is your favorite verse? Just one??? Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV is the one that immediately came to mind. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
10. How do you like to spend time with family? I just love when we’re together. We have lazy, lounging days as well as carefully planned day trip days. I really enjoy being outside and seeing everyone laugh and smile while the girls run wild and free.
11. What is one thing you couldn’t live without in your house? My washing machine and dryer. Don’t get me wrong, I could, but after finally having one inside our apartment for the first time, there’s no turning back!
12. What is your favorite restaurant? Mexican food may be my favorite, but as far as restaurant experiences I fell in love with a place my husband took me to for our anniversary a couple years ago. It’s called Shadowbrook in Capitola, CA and the delicious food, lush garden, and trolley ride made it memorable for me.
13. Favorite season? It’s always been the summer, but the humid south makes me question that decision.
14. How many states have you lived in? 4 – Michigan, California, Alabama (for college), and now Georgia. 5 if you count the three summers I spent interning in Alaska.
15. What is your favorite song? Again, it’s impossible to choose just one! Ever Be and Closer by Bethel, Revelation Song (Kari Jobe’s version), all of Hamilton, a trillion more.😂
16. What is one thing you think people notice about you first? My girls if they’re with me, otherwise my smile.
17. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone? Don’t ever allow man’s voice become bigger, louder, or more trusted than God’s.
18. Do you think you’re funny? Not really. I can certainly be sarcastic and crack myself up, but according to my hubby I’ll be the only one laughing. 😅
19. Have you always wanted kids? Yes, but I was sure I’d wait 5 years after marriage and have boys. We waited one year and I have two girls!
20. What made you start a blog? My friend and mentor actually
told suggested that I do this as another way to encourage women as part of the women’s ministry, but God knew this was a passion I’d yet to even realize, and it’s grown from there!
21. What is your favorite thing to watch on TV? Giants baseball, crime-solving shows like Elementary, Fixer Upper and basically anything onthe Hallmark Channel.
And there you have it! Visit my Insta to see what bloggers I invited to join along, and please share a fun fact about yourself in the comments below! 😄
Thanks for reading along!
EMBRACE HIS GRACE!
Mama Bear shirt available at June and Kate