If you follow me on Instagram (@lifeofaministermom), you know that I am a huge supporter of small shops. There are so many mothers, fathers, and families running beautiful businesses full of passion, heart, and of course, great products! I have connected with some wonderful people who have blessed my girls and I with their service, and today marks the launch of a new series in which I will share some of these individuals with you!!
My first Small Shop Spotlight features Kali, owner of Erinn and Co. She is an Instagram turned real-life friend, since we had the opportunity to meet at the beginning of the summer. I was thrilled when she opened up her shop filled with beautiful handmade bows, and I’d love for you to get to know her as well!
We had a Q&A and this is what she had to say:
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself (family, interests, hobbies, etc).
• I’m Kali, a wife + momma of one from Indiana! and I love my cats, working in our garden, attending the church we found just this year that is perfect for us! And many other things. In my spare time I enjoy being outside with my family, running, blogging, and anything that involves my creative side!
2. When did you open your shop and why?
• I opened my shop in July of this year. I had tried once before and gave up after only a month or so. It didn’t take off as quickly as I had hoped, so I let it get me down! This time around, I’m being more patient + persistent and trying new things. I needed a creative outlet and to do something that would challenge me, so I’m hoping to start adding new items soon! If I could even have a tiny monthly “income” off of it, I would be thrilled. All of the money so far as gone back into other small shops I’ve found through Instagram!
3. How did you come up with the name Erinn and Company? Does it have special meaning or significance?
• Erinn is my daughters + best friends middle names. It isn’t a name you hear often so I really thought it sounded right. She’s also my motivation behind my products! She helps pick fabric & I make a bow of each one for her. and if we do happen to have more babies down the road, i don’t want them to be completely left out of the name….so “+ Company” was added 😉
4. What’s your favorite part about being a small shop owner?
It is so fun to know that I am making things for other people. People I don’t even know are purchasing things I made MYSELF! It’s so fun to get an order and know I get to put my creativity to use to make someone else happy.
5. Do you have a favorite bow (don’t worry, we won’t tell the others 😄)?
• All of the floral ones! floral is very big right now and I love it. I have to try so hard not to buy all the floral fabrics! 😜
I agree that the florals are lovely, but really you can’t go wrong! We are very satisfied customers!
Visit her site Erinn and Company on Etsy, and swing by her Instagram page @ErinnAndCompany to keep up with her latest creations, discounts and deals!
EMBRACE HIS GRACE!!!
*All opinions are 100% honest and my own. I was not paid for this endorsement.*